We do this alongside our 17 iwi and kaupapa Māori partners through direct governance and operational relationships, through Te Rūnanga Hauora Māori o te Moana ā Toi and Te Amorangi Kāhui Kaumātua.
The oversight of these activities is led by our Pou Tikanga DDI 07 579 8570
Karakia, Mihi Whakatau, Whakawhanaungatanga, Tautoko, Te Reo me ōnā Tikanga
Pou Kōkiri are deployed across all service departments. For Māori whānau unfamiliar with or unaware of the supports available to them, Pou Kōkiri attends Multidisciplinary meetings and visit with urihaumate Māori kanohi ki te kanohi in these departments:
- Te Toki Maurere Mental Health Inpatient Unit
- Ko Matariki Maternity Unit
- Te Ahuru o Rehua Ariki Emergency Department
- Te Whare Whakarata Taitamariki Paediatrics
- Te Koru Rehabilitation
- Medical and Surgical Wards
- Intensive/Acute Care Unit
- Outpatients Department
Additionally, education of clinicians and student clinicians is provided through Mihi Whakatau and Wānanga Tākuta.
Requests for Pou Kōkiri support can be made through: